Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't do anything in SourceTree (can't access to bibucket.org:3128)

ThomasKowalski October 17, 2014

Hi everyone

Since this morning, I can't use SourceTree anymore sad

I don't know from what it comes but whenever I try to clone or push or whatever, I have the same error (I can't get it now exactly but) : 

fatal: can't acess to ThomasKowalski [...] can't acess bitbucket.org:3128 -no error

And that's all, for every operation. Don't know from what it comes. I reinstalled, wiped the preferences and all the stuff but it still won't work... I use the embedded versions of Git and Mercurial. I thought it was a thing with the proxies (I have a proxy at high school and not at home so I have a little program called ProxySwitcher that switches it automatically, maybe it fucked up da system...), but I can't do anything (currently I'm at home, so no proxy, no proxy in IE (verified) and in SourceTree the settings are "Use default system parameters" and Add proxy server confiruation to Git / Mercurial is unchecked...

Please help me sad I'm going to South Africa tomorrow and it would be a big problem if I couldn't work on all my stuff...

PS : offline commit works.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
ThomasKowalski October 18, 2014

OK so I found the answer myself, even if I had been searching for 3 hours before asking... So if anyone has this problem, you should just go to SourceTree settings, in Git, and then click the "Reinstall" button (or something like that), I believe it's at the bottom right of the window.

smile

Kevin Newman August 16, 2018

Reinstall fails for me, and that darned login box just keeps showing up. I think part of the problem is that it redirects to a localhost server which isn't running. This morning github went down, and had a similar issues - in the command line it would open that popup, then it would switch back to login credentials at the prompt. This entire subsystem needs to be tossed and rebuilt with some kind of sane and repeatable way to reliably log in. I lose 15 or 20 minutes every time this happens, and it's not just sourcetree.

Kevin Newman August 16, 2018

And as evidence, this original post is from 2014, and it's now 2018...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events