Can branch names link to Jira?

I have got the linking from SourceTree to Jira working, but it seems to only work for commit comments.

Is there any way to make it work for branch names and Labels?  We (generally) branch per ticket, and it'd be great to carry the JIRA Ticket link with the branch right through the process.

1 answer

0 vote

You cannot, but you certainly should be able to given that when Stash creates a branch it contains the issue key. Having to mention the issue in every commit is completely redundant.

I think Atlassian are aware this is a problem, last I heard (a long time ago) they were investigating better methods of associating the issue with its commits. It might be in one of these and its links: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-2491 - couldn't find anything better from a quick google.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 11, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: debugging Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows If you're reading this and it's not just educational… we know you're unhappy right now and apologize for that   We're dedicated to improving yo...

114 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you