Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I switch back and forth between Source Tree and the terminal when Im fetching, merging, branching etc.?

Russell Mckee January 29, 2015

I enjoy using source tree but sometime when Im using it I like to do some commands (like merge, creating branched) from the terminal.  Can doing this cause me any problems whatsoever?  Thank you!

2 answers

1 vote
Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2015

See here for experiences using git-GUIs/git commandline in parallel. My experience says, that there shouldn't occur any problems (at least I hadn't any yet). The only annoyance might be, that GUI-Tools might need some refresh after performing some git actions outside the GUI

1 vote
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2015

You can do this safely. whenever one of them is changing something, it creates a lock that prevents the other one from changing things.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events