Beyond Compare 4.1.5 (64-bit Edition) stopped working as Externa Diff Tool

bvallee April 14, 2016

We installed yesterday "Beyond Compare 4.1.5" (64-bit Edition) on Windows 10 Pro (Version 10.0.10586). In the Options Window of "SourceTree" 1.8.3.0 (under tab "Diff"), we set the External Diff Tool to: "Beyond Compare", but we kept the Merge Tool to: "System Default". It worked fine yesterday but not today. I tried all propositions found on the internet (including yours: I put both selections to: "System Default", shut down "SourceTree", then reloaded it to set both selections to: "Beyond Compare"). I also tried with settings both fields to" "Custom" selections, with the proper command line and arguments (I made different attempts from what I found on the internet), but nothing works. After trying to run  load External Diff, the cursor is flickering a little at moments, but nothing happens. If I load "Beyond Compare" by itself, it works fine. Do you have any suggestion? Thank you!

2 answers

0 votes
bvallee April 14, 2016

Thanks for your prompt answer! I forgot to mention that I also tried today to set the External Diff Tool to: "WinMerge" (with Merge Tool set to: "System Default" as "WinMerge" is not an option there) and it does not work neither (which used to work also as I switched yesterday from "BeyondCompare" to "WinMerge", did some tests then went back to "BeyondCompare" as my External Diff Tool)...

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2016

Sounds like some good troubleshooting so far. Have you tested with any other diff tools?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events