Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication issues

Jasmina Stankovska January 12, 2021

Hi,

My team and I use SourceTree to merge our work, however, I have encountered a problem when I use the Fetch, Push, or Pull buttons.

It says that I have an authentication issue. 2021-01-12_10-10-55.pngMy IT team tried to help but failed. Do you have any suggestions? I'd appreciate all the help I could get since it is blocking my work at this point.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Jasmina

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
UPWT January 13, 2021

This just started happening to me today after I updated Sourcetree yesterday afternoon to the latest version.

Might have to dump and go back to an earlier version.  Even after I authenticate with the Captcha in my Bitbucket Server in the web browser it still won't authenticate.

UPWT January 21, 2021

Switching from Git 2.29 to 2.30 seemed to fix it for me.  There were other issues with Git 2.29 not adding files to the repo in addition to the auth problems we had when we upgraded.

I went with System Git instead of embedded.

I will check the Oauth option to see what it is currently set at.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Elisa Kendall January 21, 2021

I've had the same issue.  After poking around a bit, I did the following to fix it:

1. Go to Tools --> Options

2. Select Authentication

3. Select the GitHub account that you use for the project

4. Click on Edit

5. In the Credentials box, change your authentication method from Basic to OAuth

That did it for me - hope this helps.

Elisa

UPWT January 21, 2021

With our Bitbucket Server account, I don't have the option under Tools>Credentials>Authentication>repo account>Credentials>Authentication

for Oauth - the only thing on the drop down for me is Basic.

Switching Git versions to the latest seemed to fix a whole raft of issues I had on the initial upgrade to Sourcetree to 3.4.2

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events