Assistance please with completing registration of Sourcetree at first use / setup?

Simon Harvey February 20, 2020

When attempting to set up Sourcetree, at the "Registration" phase, I get "Failed to check login for user (simonvharvey)" when attempting to log into my Bit Bucket Server (Cloud) account.

Sourcetree registration.png

associated email address: Simon.Harvey@centralcoast.nsw.gov.au

I know for sure that I am using the correct password.

A snapshot of my Bit Bucket personal private repository (showing URL) is ...

Bit Bucket Personal Private Repository.png

The Sourcetree Log entry for the latest attempt is ...

ERROR [2020-02-21 08:46:10,618] [10] [Sourcetree.Installer.Squirrel.Utils.UpdateHelper] [Log] - Failed to check for updates

System.Exception: Failed to check for updates ---> System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Splat.IFullLogger.Info(System.String, !!0)'.

at Squirrel.UpdateManager.CheckForUpdateImpl.<CheckForUpdate>d__2.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder`1.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine)

at Squirrel.UpdateManager.CheckForUpdateImpl.CheckForUpdate(String localReleaseFile, String updateUrlOrPath, Boolean ignoreDeltaUpdates, Action`1 progress, IFileDownloader urlDownloader)

at Squirrel.UpdateManager.<CheckForUpdate>d__7.MoveNext()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at Sourcetree.Installer.Squirrel.Utils.UpdateHelper.<CheckForUpdate>d__19.MoveNext()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Sourcetree.Installer.Squirrel.Utils.UpdateHelper.<CheckForUpdate>d__19.MoveNext()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at Sourcetree.Installer.Squirrel.Utils.UpdateHelper.<HasAvailableUpdates>d__20.MoveNext()

ERROR [2020-02-21 08:46:29,442] [1] [SourceTree.Exceptions.RemoteHostException] [Log] - Failed to check login for user [simonvharvey] : The URL 'https://bitbucket.org/rest/api/1.0/application-properties' returned code 'NotFound'.

ERROR [2020-02-21 08:46:29,458] [1] [SourceTree.Exceptions.RemoteHostException] [Log] - Failed to check login for user [simonvharvey]

---------- end Sourcetree log ----------

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Simon Harvey February 20, 2020

RESOLVED

Turns out I needed to use "Bit Bucket" not "Bit Bucket Server".

All attempts yesterday and the day before using either registration option failed.

The "Bit Bucket" consistently failed with a "https://localhost..." error.

Simon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events