It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Assistance please with completing registration of Sourcetree at first use / setup?

When attempting to set up Sourcetree, at the "Registration" phase, I get "Failed to check login for user (simonvharvey)" when attempting to log into my Bit Bucket Server (Cloud) account.

Sourcetree registration.png

associated email address: Simon.Harvey@centralcoast.nsw.gov.au

I know for sure that I am using the correct password.

A snapshot of my Bit Bucket personal private repository (showing URL) is ...

Bit Bucket Personal Private Repository.png

The Sourcetree Log entry for the latest attempt is ...

ERROR [2020-02-21 08:46:10,618] [10] [Sourcetree.Installer.Squirrel.Utils.UpdateHelper] [Log] - Failed to check for updates

System.Exception: Failed to check for updates ---> System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Splat.IFullLogger.Info(System.String, !!0)'.

at Squirrel.UpdateManager.CheckForUpdateImpl.<CheckForUpdate>d__2.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder`1.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine)

at Squirrel.UpdateManager.CheckForUpdateImpl.CheckForUpdate(String localReleaseFile, String updateUrlOrPath, Boolean ignoreDeltaUpdates, Action`1 progress, IFileDownloader urlDownloader)

at Squirrel.UpdateManager.<CheckForUpdate>d__7.MoveNext()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at Sourcetree.Installer.Squirrel.Utils.UpdateHelper.<CheckForUpdate>d__19.MoveNext()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Sourcetree.Installer.Squirrel.Utils.UpdateHelper.<CheckForUpdate>d__19.MoveNext()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at Sourcetree.Installer.Squirrel.Utils.UpdateHelper.<HasAvailableUpdates>d__20.MoveNext()

ERROR [2020-02-21 08:46:29,442] [1] [SourceTree.Exceptions.RemoteHostException] [Log] - Failed to check login for user [simonvharvey] : The URL 'https://bitbucket.org/rest/api/1.0/application-properties' returned code 'NotFound'.

ERROR [2020-02-21 08:46:29,458] [1] [SourceTree.Exceptions.RemoteHostException] [Log] - Failed to check login for user [simonvharvey]

---------- end Sourcetree log ----------

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

RESOLVED

Turns out I needed to use "Bit Bucket" not "Bit Bucket Server".

All attempts yesterday and the day before using either registration option failed.

The "Bit Bucket" consistently failed with a "https://localhost..." error.

Simon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,910 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you