Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign up Log in
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

Avatar

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
4,456,612
Community Members
 
Community Events
176
Community Groups

Sourcetree very slow with Avast shields enabled

Edited

Hi I've been encountering issues with Sourcetree running incredibly slowly, with response times around 10 seconds. However I have noticed that if I temporarily disable my Avast shields Sourcetree becomes instantly responsive. I'm posting this because in my searches I have noticed a lot of people complaining about this issue and tampering with all sorts of settings with varying or marginal results.
Anyway I'm just curious to see if anyone else using Avast + Sourcetree has had a similar experience to me and possibly if they know why or to suggest a course of action short of changing Antivirus software that might make things a bit easier.

1 comment

I solved the issue as follows:

1) open Avast

2) go to the panel Settings\Components\Protectin FileSystem\Exclusions 

3) add C:\Users\LOCAL_USER\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\* and check only "E"

4) add C:\Users\LOCAL_USER\AppData\Local\SourceTree\* and check only "E" too 

 

Interesting, I did as you said and could not find a box listed under E, instead I had the options "R" (Read) "W" (Write) and "X" (Execute). I assumed that the "E" you mentioned would likely also mean execute in this context. However, I have not noticed any difference in the issue using these instructions so I'm going to trust your judgement and assume I have not followed them correctly.
Another difference I have noticed is "Protectin FileSystem" is not an option on my components list, but instead "File System Shield" was the component in which I modified the exclusions.

 

Note in the screenshot I currently have my file shields disabled as I'm working on a project right now.
AvastScreenShot.png

Pretty old thread but just in case someone is having the same issue you need to follow the steps described by @Carlo di Salvatore although the component is now called "Behaviour Shield".

Comment

Log in or Sign up to comment
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events