Atlassian Stash vs Git Client

Christina Joy March 24, 2021

We are planning to use Stash. To my knowledge, we already have a Git installation and need to configure Stash to use it. My understanding from our git training is that Stash can help configure branches, merges, and other stuff.

So do my development teams need to use Stash to check-in code or should they use another Git client? Is Stash used only by the admin to configure the repositories?

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

Bitbucket has not been called "Stash" for years, so I think your training might be a bit out-of-date. 

But yes, Bitbucket is a good way to manage git repositories, giving you a decent web-interface on to them and easy graphical configuration of branches and merges and the rest.

Your team can use whatever they like to check in code, but you'll often find that people who are given a Bitbucket instance simply use that directly, with a command line or, most commonly, direct integration into their IDEs.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events