unable to delete attachments which contain the character é

An employee uploaded a few attachments and was unable to delete some of them. We realized that the only attachments with the problem were the ones with the character é in the file name. As a temporary workaround, we've renamed the attachments to omit the character.

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Thanks to help from Atlassian Support, we learned that there were two reasons that we were unable to delete attachments with special characters:

1. It seems that our Lockpoint plugin had gotten corrupted.
  2. Tomcat lacked an encoding setting.

The fixes:

• Review the contents of WEB-INF/lib and WEB-INF/classes. Compare them with a vanilla install
    • Back them up
    • Remove any non standard jars
  • Stop Confluence
  • Empty the contents of all folders in your <confluence-home> directory that have the word 'plugin' in the folder name:
    • <confluence-home>/plugin-cache
    • <confluence-home>/plugins-osgi-cache
    • <confluence-home>/plugins-temp
    • <confluence-home>/bundled-plugins
    • <confluence-home>/bundled-plugins_language
  • Restart Confluence.

Added the missing tag "URIEncoding=UTF-8" to the tomcat connectors configuration.

This widget could not be displayed.

If this is specific to the core application I would raise a support request as it may be a bug or may be related to database storge, the support peeps are best to advise. http://support.atlassian.com

Thanks, Andy. I created support issue CSP-90414 at the same time that I posted the question, and I'll update Atlassian answers once I have a resolution to share that's better than the workaround. :)

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

34 views 3 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you