unable to delete attachments which contain the character é

JoeI October 23, 2012

An employee uploaded a few attachments and was unable to delete some of them. We realized that the only attachments with the problem were the ones with the character é in the file name. As a temporary workaround, we've renamed the attachments to omit the character.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JoeI October 30, 2012

Thanks to help from Atlassian Support, we learned that there were two reasons that we were unable to delete attachments with special characters:

1. It seems that our Lockpoint plugin had gotten corrupted.
  2. Tomcat lacked an encoding setting.

The fixes:

• Review the contents of WEB-INF/lib and WEB-INF/classes. Compare them with a vanilla install
    • Back them up
    • Remove any non standard jars
  • Stop Confluence
  • Empty the contents of all folders in your <confluence-home> directory that have the word 'plugin' in the folder name:
    • <confluence-home>/plugin-cache
    • <confluence-home>/plugins-osgi-cache
    • <confluence-home>/plugins-temp
    • <confluence-home>/bundled-plugins
    • <confluence-home>/bundled-plugins_language
  • Restart Confluence.

Added the missing tag "URIEncoding=UTF-8" to the tomcat connectors configuration.

1 vote
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2012

If this is specific to the core application I would raise a support request as it may be a bug or may be related to database storge, the support peeps are best to advise. http://support.atlassian.com

JoeI October 24, 2012

Thanks, Andy. I created support issue CSP-90414 at the same time that I posted the question, and I'll update Atlassian answers once I have a resolution to share that's better than the workaround. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events