is there a way to export Epics from agile boards to Excel?

Andres Velasco June 20, 2013

I know searches can be exported to Excel, but I would like to get into one of my projects board and export Epics from there, that way I will preserve the order and will only export what is on that specific board.

Is there a way to accomplish that?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2013

May be not a direct way, open the filter for that board, add an additional filter for issuetype Epic and then export them directly from the Issue navigator.

Hauke Fuhrmann October 6, 2016

Works in general, but the Issue Navigator does not respect the order in which the epics were ordered in the backlog of the agile board. How to get them in the right order?

0 votes
Andres Velasco June 26, 2013

Thanks, both answers are correct, I was able to create a filter using the columns that I need and exporting them to Excel using the views menu

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2013

You can refer to this page for more info. If you would like to export more than one issue, just SHIFT + Left click them to highlights several issues.

Hauke Fuhrmann October 6, 2016

This does not work for Epics though (at least in JIRA 7.1)

Suggest an answer