When did Atlasssian start charging extra for phone support?

Eric White September 15, 2015

When I began using Atlassian a decade ago, they started out with legendary support.  Now, for the same price, you get mediocre support.  You only get legendary support with an up-charge?

And what happened to the old forums?  "Answers" is weird.

(we had a critical production failure today where I actually needed level 1 Atlasssian support for the first time that I can remember, and I couldn't even find a phone number to call, so I am a little irritated at the moment.)

-Grumpy old man

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Thiago Zandona
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2015

Hi Eric,

Sorry to know that you had problem with Atlassian application and with support somehow.
We do not extra charge you for a phone call support. What happens is that phone is not our first channel of communication with our customers. But I assure you that if you open a ticket against us saying that your instance is down and set is as Level 1 (see our support offerings page) we will get back to you promptly. And I say more, if you ask for a phone call if you feel more comfortable with that we will call you right away. We are here to ensure that our customers have an awesome experience with Atlassian products, and if something goes wrong we are dedicated to give an even better support. If we failed with you in the past I'm really sorry for that. Trust me, legendary support is our daily goal.
Regarding your issue, was it resolved? Is there anything we can help you at the moment? Please let us know.

Cheers,
Thiago Zandoná
Atlassian Confluence/Crowd Support

Eric White September 15, 2015

Thank you for your response.  I think I mistakenly thought that the phone number that was in the upper right hand corner of your website for many years (it is no longer there) was a support phone number.

I managed to have our Jira instance accessible before the support team was able to get back to me.  It was unavailable for about an hour.

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2015

"Answers" is weird. It grows on you. The fact you don't have a support number taped to your monitor is some kind of compliment for Atlassian I guess

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2015

You got me on the word "legendary"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events