Unable to link selected repository.

Ionut Liviu February 17, 2013

I'm trying to connect Github with Jira.

If I'm using a github account that collaborates on some private repositories and also has some public repositories, only the public repositories appear in Jira and can be linked.

If I'm using the github account that is the owner of those private repositories, I can see all the repositories in Jira, even the public ones, but I can not link any of them. This account is a normal account, not an organization.

The error message is: Unable to link selected repository. Do you have administrator permissions?

Is this an issue with Jira or something on my end?

1 answer

0 votes
Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2013

Did you add the account using the Email address associated with the GitHub account? or you just added it using the account name? I've seen some cases that this happens when you add the account using an Email address.

Ionut Liviu February 18, 2013

I cannot even add the account using the email address. This is the error that I have received: 'Invalid user/team account.'. I've seen the page where it says not to use the email address. The question is why can I link public repositories with the account that does not own private repositories, but with the account that is the owner of some private and public repositories I cannot link anything.

Suggest an answer