Unable to add user

David Adair February 21, 2013

I cannot manually add a new user. I get the following error: The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression. I've added users before with no problem. I see that the Left Hand Navigation macro can cause this problem, but I do not have that installed. Anything else?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Adair February 26, 2013

The group Confluence-users had been deleted and that prevented me adding additional users. After adding the group, I was able to add new users.

1 vote
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2013

Hi Dave,

I see that this message is refering to unsupported cimpression, in this case you may check if you have HTTP compresion enable.

If it's enabled, you may try to disable it. Please check this page for more details: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF43/Compressing+an+HTTP+Response+within+Confluence

Cheers

Thanks for the input. As it turned out, I needed to add the group Confluence-users.

0 votes
fsim
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2013

Hey Dave,

That error is also sometimes thrown when there is an error in the Confluence logs (database exceptions etc) after adding the user. Possible for you to reproduce the issue, then immediately attach the last lines in atlassian-confluence.log from ConfluenceHomeDirectory/logs here so that we can see what's the exception?

Thanks for the input. As it turned out, I needed to add the group Confluence-users.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events