Start Date & End Date

Pierre Meuleman November 28, 2013

Sorry if this question sounds stupid to you ;-).

I see that Version and Sprint have both a Start Date and an End Date.

I cannot find a way to get these values with a query in a filter (basic or advanced).

And I really would like these to be exported in the Excel that I need to use for reporting and creating a plan in Excel with them.

Pierre

4 answers

2 votes
Kannan S December 5, 2013

let me know how this is achieved because even i want to do it in a Java jira api way and not using greenhopper service.

0 votes
Kannan S December 4, 2013

Can you please elaborate on the start date and end date of the version and sprint that you see. It might be helpful for someone like me to understand where these dates can be seen.

0 votes
Pierre Meuleman November 28, 2013
Thank you for the link Daflint but what I am looking for is to be able to extract the start dates and end dates of a Version and a Sprint. They are in the system as we can see them but how to get them? I am not talking about the issues but the parent levels ( version & sprint) . As they are not issues per se, I can' t see the way to get this information. Even structure is only showing issues as I know and not the parent level ( version and sprint). But if I want to export in excel to have a kind of project plan, I need both parents.
Kannan S December 4, 2013

If it is the start date and end date of the version which is seen in the classic planning board then this might be helpful for you

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/105507/greenhopper-rapidboard-rest-api-calls-to-retrieve-startdate-enddate

Pierre Meuleman December 4, 2013

Thank you Kannan S, this is indeed what I guess we should be looking for to get these Start/End date for a version and a sprint. I could not find a way to just use the Jira interface and have this extract using a simple filter query nor be able to export data to Excel from these filter. WHile indeed, the information is captured and displayed in some screens in Jira (version) and Agile Board (Sprint), nowehere can then this information be retrieved by a query. In fact, all issues have a Due Date that can be retrieved with a query/filter but Version and Sprint have a start and End date that I cannot retireve, version and sprint being not an issue type . So only access with Api will allow this then... I'll have to ask our developpers if they can manage this...

Paula Cruickshank April 11, 2018

Unfortunately I can't run Greenhopper in my system. 

I do not understand why a simple query I am trying to create is appearing so complex to achieve....

I need a list of issues COMPLETED in the previous sprint using JQL and without naming the specific sprint each time. 

0 votes
Dan Flint
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2013

Suggest an answer