Setup Wizard not showing up

On windows, to get a clean start after messing with evaluation installation, I uninstalled the current version and reinstalled Jira 5.2. Both process went well. But not it not taking me to Setup Wizard and instead, showing me a login page with username/password. How do I force the setup wizard ? I need to add at least the admin user before I can get started. Please help.

1 answer

1 accepted

It feels like you are using your old database. You can try your previous admin account and see if that works. Otherwise, I would try uninstalling and making sure your database is deleted as well after the uninstall. Also make sure your altassian directory is gone as well.

Thanks for pointing that out. You are correct. When I uninstalled, it did not delete the database which was the purpose of uninstalling. I understand that this is a very good safe option. How do you delete the database? Or even better- Can I just delete the database and start over without having to uninstall the software ?

It depends on which database system you have on how to delete it. If you were using HSQLDB then deleting the atlassian directory tree(i.e. the safe way) will do it.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: Magic Eyes

...staring into the background. Once the image pops out in 3D, you can look around the picture and enjoy. If you will see if you are a true illusion master! :) You did it? :) Wow! Awesome! As a bonus...

425 views 79 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you