Scrum features - Suggestions

rifat ulutoprak February 23, 2012

Hi ,

I am evaluating greenhooper for scrum and I found out that there are lots of Jira related stuff instead of Scrum methadologies. Is it possible to get rid of Jira stuff and have scrum only ,

Ex: Planning Board -> Backlog

Task -> Story

To add a sub task we need to configure , it should be default.

Scrum software should be very easy to use. There are nt lots of concepts after all. All I want is BackLog and TaskBoard with scrum namings.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Alexander Küken
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2012

Dear Rifat,

Greenhopper is an extension for agile project management, which supports mutliple agile methodologies. So it would not make sense, to reduce it to SCRUM wording.

But I presume, you have another problem. If you confige a project in greenhopper, so that it uses the SCRUM template, you should have the issue types, which you expect: Epics, Stories and Task. If you really need additional sub-tasks, you have to configure it. But this has not only to do with SCRUM per se, but also with the desision who to implement SCRUM in your organisation.

One additional remark: Planning Board and backlog are two diffent things, from my point of view. The backlog in GreenHooper is the "not planned" version. The planning board is an instrument for planning sprints in the sprint planning.

Cheers,

Alexander

Suggest an answer