Saved Filter is changing the query after saving

Ashlee Clifton September 5, 2012

We use the Agile gadget on our dashboards. I created a filter for one project and customized it based off of a unique field named pipeline project. When i search based on my query it works. I save it as a filter. Then I try to use the filter and it changes it from filter = ESB to filter = ESB AND NOT fixVersion is EMPTY

No results appear because all the fixVersion's are empty. I change it to say filter = ESB AND fixVersion is EMPTY and then after I save it and try to use it again, it changes it again to filter = ESB AND NOT fixVersion is EMPTY

I do not understand why it is doing this and I cannot get it to stop. I can search and save queries with other data but not this one.

The ESB JQL query I originally created is this: project = RF AND fixVersion = empty AND Pipeline Project = Party SOAP OR Pipeline Project = ESB Power-RS OR Pipeline Project = Party Credentials OR Pipeline Project = ESB eCommerce User OR Pipeline Project = Customer to eCommerce Sync

1 answer

0 votes
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2012

Hi Ashlee,

Sorry for the trouble here - this definitely isn't the intended behavior of filters!

It'll take some time, but I think you should go through our support team to see if there is a configuration problem causing this:

http://support.atlassian.com

It sounds like a bug, but through our support team we'll know for sure. Let us know the resolution here if you do go through the support team.

-Simon

Suggest an answer