Private group invitations

Hi. Please list the procedure to invite people from a Private group using their email address?   Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 vote
Christian Roestel Community Champion Dec 02, 2016

If you are a Room Admin, you can invite users to the room by clicking on the ... and select 'invite people'

image2016-12-2 12:6:50.png

Thank you, Christian. However, from a private group, trying to invite no current HipChat guests by email addresses. However, when entering by email address, the function does not execute. 

Christian Roestel Community Champion Dec 02, 2016

Only System admins can invite new users to HipChat.

There is an option to enable guest access, which will allow you to share an URL with users and they can sign up to access your private room with the invite.   they will enter their email address to create a temp account.   is that what you are looking for?

Thank you. yes, went to Admin Group & added users. Solved.

1 vote
Michael Rey Atlassian Team Dec 01, 2016

Hey Ben, hope you're having a great day! Please take peek at the article below, I believe it will help answer your question.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/hipchat/invite-people-740001113.html

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

192 views 4 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you