Prioritize Backlog in GreenHopper?

Is there a way to prioritize the backlog in GreenHopper?

For example, I have a Business Value custom field which stores integers and would like the backlog issues to be ranked by this field. How is the backlog currently sorted? I would like issues with higher business value at the top. Is there a way to do this?

I looked around the configuration for the scrum board and couldn't find anyting...

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Tudor,

On GH the prioritization is done by the Rank field and right now it is not possible to prioritize your issues by any other field.

What you could do to achieve this is to add the Bussiness Value Field on the issue view and drag and drop issues based on the field information.

I Hope it helps!

How could you add Business Value to the issue view? As far as I know the issue view on GH is not customizable? I would love to customize it but I haven't been able to find a way yet...

That's really unfortunate that the backlog cannot be sorted any other way other than dragging and dropping issues around...image a backlog with 300 issues, and a person looking around trying to find a specific one, even alphabetical would be there no way to organize the backlog items other than the default way?

Thanks again for the help!

Do the users populate the rank field? Or is the rank field based on where the issue is dragged and dropped?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Louis De Jaeger
Posted yesterday in Off-topic

Friday fun: your best joke

Hi all Lets make this Friday fun really fun and post one (or more) of your best jokes! The joke can be about an Atlassian product, or just a really fun joke you want to share! I’m not the best j...

84 views 2 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot