No way to see the full name of version/sprint on the side-bar

Balki Kodarapu June 15, 2017

Right now there is no way for me to see the full name of the sprint/version on the side bar.  I can see the hover-text only when the the swim-lane is expanded (not when the lane is collapsed).

For my screen resolution, I an only see the first 10 characters.

One or more options below would be great:

- ability to adjust the width of the side bar

- Wrap the sprint/version name to at least double that size (~25 chars).

Thanks

Balki

4 answers

1 vote
Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2017

Noted, thanks Balki. We have a story on the backlog to improve this behaviour.

Thanks for the feedback,
Nick Muldoon, Product Manager
Easy Agile

0 votes
Balki Kodarapu June 25, 2017

thanks Dave!  I appreciate your transparency.

It seems like the quick filters are available only for Easy Agile for server only?  For now?

What's the plan to implement that for the cloud version.

Dave Elkan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2017

Balki, 

As a JIRA Cloud user, I feel your pain!

It would be my absolute pleasure to offer Quick Filters for Easy Agile User Story Maps in Cloud. Unfortunately Atlassian has not exposed the API to retrieve the JIRA Software Quick Filters in JIRA Cloud. 

We'd appreciate it if you could vote and comment on the following JIRA Issue to help speed things up a little (maybe?). We've been waiting over a year on this issue and is our top-most requested feature.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-7393

Thanks.

Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 8, 2018

Hi @Balki Kodarapu,

Just a quick update:

1. Quick Filters are now available, and
  2. Version/Sprint Swimlanes now span the full width

Thanks so much, have a great week.

Regards,
Nick Muldoon
Easy Agile

0 votes
Balki Kodarapu June 25, 2017

Thanks Dave - Appreciate the update.  I can now see ~16 characters.

Although this is a great improvement, the ultimate solution would make the sidebar adjustable.  For most of our projects, we never fill the screen with EPICs columns, so widening the sidebar is the best option for us.

Thanks

Balki

Dave Elkan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2017

Thanks for feedback, Balki. 

Absolutely! We'd love to do this, however it will take significantly more work (and may be impossible due to the underlying optimisations). In the mean time, I thought I'd let you know we've made this slight adjustment.

You can read more about the new storymap here: https://blog.easyagile.com/from-mvp-to-product-a-better-story-map-283feba056d9

We have task on our backlog to investigate it. I will update you here on the outcome of that.

Thanks

~Dave

0 votes
Dave Elkan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2017

Hi Balki, 

We recently shipped a new version of Easy Agile User Story Maps which makes the sidebar wider and reduces the padding somewhat to allow more characters. You can also hover over the button and see the full name.

If you use JIRA Cloud, you already have the update. If you use JIRA Server, you'll need to update to the latest version.

Thanks.

~Dave

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events