Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need support page updated with information for Bamboo version 3.4.4

Ed Segall November 22, 2012

Our bamboo instance has corruption like that described on the linked support page|https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=280694356 .

While testing the sql queries suggested there, I encountered some errors that indicate we are using different schema. It seems likely that the queries on that page were developed for a different version of Bamboo. We are running Bamboo 3.4.4.

I'll show below the queries we had trouble with and the errors that resulted. Note that these queries were modified to show the bad rows rather than delete them. (Please note also that, in contrast to the support page, our mysql database requires the table names be specified in UPPERCASE):

bq. select * from USER_COMMIT WHERE BUILDRESULTSUMMARY_ID NOT IN (SELECT BUILDRESULTSUMMARY_ID FROM BUILDRESULTSUMMARY);

bq. ERROR 1054 (42S22) at line 1: Unknown column 'BUILDRESULTSUMMARY_ID' in 'IN/ALL/ANY subquery'

bq. select * from COMMIT_FILES WHERE COMMIT_ID in (select COMMIT_ID from USER_COMMIT where BUILDRESULTSUMMARY_ID not IN (SELECT BUILDRESULTSUMMARY_ID FROM BUILDRESULTSUMMARY));

bq. ERROR 1054 (42S22) at line 1: Unknown column 'BUILDRESULTSUMMARY_ID' in 'IN/ALL/ANY subquery'

The problem is apparently that our USER_COMMIT table is different from what is shown on the figure on the support page:

{quote}

mysql> describe USER_COMMIT;

|| Field || Type || Null|| Key|| Default|| Extra||

| COMMIT_ID | bigint(20) | NO | PRI | 0 | |

| AUTHOR_ID | bigint(20) | YES | MUL | NULL | |

| COMMIT_DATE | datetime | YES | | NULL | |

| COMMIT_COMMENT_CLOB | longtext | YES | | NULL | |

| REPOSITORY_CHANGESET_ID | bigint(20) | YES | MUL | NULL | |

| COMMIT_REVISION | varchar(4000) | YES | MUL | NULL | |

6 rows in set (0.00 sec)

{quote}

As you can see, it doesn't have a BUILDRESULTSUMMARY_ID field.

Please advise what sql queries we should run to ensure everything is cleaned up as it should be. Should we just skip the deletions corresponding to these two queries, or are alternate queries needed?

Thank you,

Ed Segall

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
ArmenA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2012

Ed,

I corrected this page. As I said, it's really hard to keep up with different Bamboo versions as the DB schema gets changed all the time. I am sorry for all the confusion related with Bamboo versions. One thing to pay attention is that RELEVANT_CHANGESETS and REPOSITORY_CHANGESET tables didn't exist in the 3.2 version, but they exist in the 3.4.x, and the corresponding SQL queries should be different. By the way, the same type of corruption might involve one table or a list of tables, and in that KB article not all possible tables are listed.

Thanks a lot for helping us to improve our stuff. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Cheers,
Armen

Ed Segall December 17, 2012

Thank you for this update.

I knew I had seen your name recently, but I didn't remember that it was on the page we were discussing until just now. Sorry for the oversight.

Yes, I thought about trying to come up with the changes myself, and concluded that I might not have enough information and even if I did, it would probably be best to just ask for help.

I'm all set, thank you.

1 vote
ArmenA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2012

Hi Ed,

I am sorry to see taht you are facing this problem. It is really hard to create very generic page to satisfy all Bamboo version databases. The Bamboo version on your mentioned article is for older than 3.4.4 instances. I would recommend the follwing options:

1. You can downnload a tool like DBVisualizer and hook up to your Bamboo DB. A tool like that will allow you to have a better visibility to your DB connections seeing the changes like in the attached screenshot. Next, you can try to manually find the corruptions and clean.
  2. We've done a lot of improvements related to Bamboo DB corruptions, and you can try to upgrade to the latest version of Bamboo to see if the upgrade tasks can automatically handle the corruption.
  3. If the upgrade doesn't help, and if you are not comfortable finding the corruptions and cleaning them, please raise a new Bamboo ticketon on https://support.atlassian.com, and we will do our best to assist you.

Cheers,

Armen

Ed Segall December 17, 2012

Armen,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your suggestions (esp. DBVisualizer, which looks like a very useful tool). However:

- I did create a support ticket.

- As a result of that ticket, the original page was updated for Bamboo 3.4.4 on 12/6.

- As part of that conversation, I was told that the Bamboo version targeted on the original version of the page I referenced was newer, not older, than 3.4.4.

--Ed

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events