Is there a way to do User Story Mapping with greenhopper?

Wagner Pereira October 30, 2012

I habe been using User Story Mapping with my clients for a while and now that I'm using Jira/GreenHopper, I would like to still give this experience of hole picture project view.

6 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2016

Hi Wagner,

Easy Agile User Story Maps for JIRA is an add-on to JIRA Agile / Software / GreenHopper that assists teams with conducting story mapping sessions.

You can read more about the practice of story mapping here:

Understand What Your Customers Want with Agile User Story Maps
Anatomy of an Agile User Story Map

Regards,
Nicholas Muldoon
Easy Agile

Tim Ramage October 8, 2019

Avion is a user story mapping tool which also integrates very tightly with Jira (both classic and next-gen projects!). You can use Avion to plan your product backlog and the longer term release plan, and push your releases straight into Jira where your dev team can focus on the important day-to-day tasks.

A few useful links:

1. Recommended workflow for user story mapping with Jira

2. Avion: user story mapping for agile teams

Cheers,
Tim.

Like James Sear likes this
0 votes
Michele March 7, 2017

Hi all,

I need to mapping TFS User Stories to JIRA Stories but I don't know if this is the correct place to do this question.

Thanks for reply

Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2017

Hi Michele,

If you are looking to sync issues from Microsoft TFS to JIRA I recommend you investigate these add-on for JIRA: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=tfs

This particular question that Wagner asked is about the practice of story mapping, which agile teams conduct to create their backlog. More on that practice in this blog post.

Thanks Michele, have a great day,
Nick 

0 votes
support January 17, 2017

Hi,

If you'd like to use a more lightweight approach for user story mapping, than creating JIRA issues while brainstorming, please have a look at StoriesOnBoard. It can be connected to JIRA, but it's not tied to JIRA's structure, your team can structure their around customer journeys, there's no need to create JIRA epics and issues while your team is brainstorming.

We imagined StoriesOnBoard as a lightweight tool for brainstorming and planning products where teams can just put their ideas on a board quickly and organize them easily.

Have an idea? Just press "n", write a few words and move forward.
"Searching a product" story is too big? Just copy and paste it's card two times and update their titles (by pressing "t" key) to "Search by name and description", "Full text search", "Advanced search".
"Oh, I think we won't really need Advanced Search". Just delete it with the delete key. Gone.

With StoriesOnBoard we'd like to support these situations. I think creating Jira issues as one have to do it in the Jira plugin kills this process.
Jira is fine when you know what to do, selected it, and the team "just" need to implement it and wants to dig into the details of the stories. The Jira plugin is really good at visualising an existing backlog and grouping it's issues by different attributes, but not as good at creating and updating the backlog.

More info about how it works with JIRA: https://storiesonboard.com/blog/post/keep-your-user-story-map-in-sync-with-jira,-trello-and-pivotal-tracker

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2013

You could also take a look at this plugin. It's paid though.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.almworks.jira.structure

0 votes
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2013
hi, hava a look at this Story Map plug in for JIRA: http://bauer-information-technology.com it shold be what you are searching for cheers, florian
0 votes
OmarA
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2012

Hi Wagner,

Can you please explain further how do you want to model the User Story Mapping?

Cheers,

Omar

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events