Is it possible to migrate a set of projects from hosted (on-premise) JIRA instance to OnDemand? is there a tool to help with this?

Paul Yang October 16, 2013

My division is separated from my company as a standalone company. So we need to migrate my division's projects from on-premise hosted JIRA instance to OnDemand instance. So I have 3 questions.

1. Is it possible to migrate only a set of projects (not all) from on-premise hosted instance to OnDemand?

2. Is there any tools which will help with this process?

3. What is a recommended approach for this kind of migration?

2 answers

0 votes
Paul Yang October 21, 2013

Can you suggest a strategy to export and import attachments?

0 votes
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2013

Paul,

3. The easiest way would be to export all Jira, import it all in OnDemand and then delete all projects that are not needed. This will import all the user history, attachments and more.

Here is more documentation on Importing Issues specific to OnDemand where you can compare the options.

1. You could do a CSV export/import but you'll loose user history

2. On OnDemand do 'gg' (to open the search) and type: 'import' to search for JIRA Import section. You'll find the guide there.

Cheers!

Mauro

Paul Yang October 16, 2013

If I do a CSV export/import, how do I deal with attachments? Other than user history, I am concerned about custom fields, linked items, object types from plug-ins, etc. Any idea how to make sure they are not lost?

Suggest an answer