My division is separated from my company as a standalone company. So we need to migrate my division's projects from on-premise hosted JIRA instance to OnDemand instance. So I have 3 questions.
1. Is it possible to migrate only a set of projects (not all) from on-premise hosted instance to OnDemand?
2. Is there any tools which will help with this process?
3. What is a recommended approach for this kind of migration?
3. The easiest way would be to export all Jira, import it all in OnDemand and then delete all projects that are not needed. This will import all the user history, attachments and more.
Here is more documentation on Importing Issues specific to OnDemand where you can compare the options.
1. You could do a CSV export/import but you'll loose user history
2. On OnDemand do 'gg' (to open the search) and type: 'import' to search for JIRA Import section. You'll find the guide there.
Hey Community, Last year, the Confluence team shipped "Team Central," a hub of articles and templates on topics like project planning, knowledge sharing, and more. We're thrilled to...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event