Is it possible to import the 'Epic Name' field?

Hi,

I am searching for this question already being sent but I don't seem to find anything. Is the 'Epic Name' field, as the epic identifier in the GreenHopper Boards, importable from an external CSV file?

Mapping between Issues being imported and the GreenHopper Board Epics and Versions is sometimes known in advance and information is sometimes available at import time.

Thanks & Regards,

Roxana

3 answers

Same question goes for Bulk Change Operations - accessing the Epic Name, Sprint Name fields at Bulk Edit...

Hi Roxana,

As regarding your question on importing Epic Name field using CSV import, as far as I know that this is actually possible with no problems. As long as you do the mapping of the fields correctly.

Regards,

Hi,

Currently on JIRA v5.2 and GreenHopper 6.2.3 mapping of the new Rapid Boards fields: 'Sprint Name' and 'Epic Name' is impossible, I don't see these fields in the list, in the maaping of the fields step of the import... Is there something to configure in order to access them? Or is it maybe some future version where this is possible?

Thanks again,

Roxana

Hello Ala,

Adding some information to Roxana's query above, I actually do not find the "Epic Name" field while mapping it on the "Set up fields mappings (step 3 of 5)" screen.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Rahul Savaikar

Using the JSON importer, it is possible.

fieldType = "com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-epic-label"

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published 10 hours ago in Jira Ops

Jira Ops Early Access Program Update #1: Announcing our next feature and a new integration

Thanks for signing up for Jira Ops! I’m Matt Ryall, leader for the Jira Ops product team at Atlassian. Since this is a brand new product, we’ll be delivering improvements quickly and sharing updates...

153 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you