Is adding Feature Discovery to your plugin the only way Confluence will recognize changes to your plugin?

Stacia Parfionov April 7, 2014

Hi,

I've made changes to my soy wizard template that aren't getting picked up by Confluence even if I uninstall/reinstall the plugin. And/or if I promote/unpromote the blueprint that this plugin is creating.

Can you confirm that I have to add feature discovery to my plugin so that Confluence will recognize these changes?

Also, can you provide a sample Java file that shows how to use feature discovery to unregister and reregister my module so that my changes are picked up when I uninstall and reinstall?

Thanks, in advance,

Stacia

PS I posted a similar question on this topic and then updated it with the feature discovery information when I found that in the documentation. Since I haven't gotten any response to that question and I'm super-stuck, I'm trying to post again with a slightly different angle.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stacia Parfionov May 1, 2014

Hi Agnes,

You probably already saw this in my other post on this topic, but by feature discovery, I was referring to this:

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Adding+Feature+Discovery+to+your+Plugin

As it turned out, the reason my updates weren't showing up was due to browser caching. However, before I realized that was the problem, I'd read the information at the link above and interpreted that to mean that I needed to write some Java code to ensure that my plugin components were getting removed and readded each time I uploaded a new version. Fortunately, I didn't end up needing to do that!

NET - updating my browser cache solved my issue and I was able to see the updates I'd included in my blueprint.

Thanks for responding! :-)

0 votes
Agnes Ro April 9, 2014

Hi Stacia,

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "adding feature discovery to your plugin". When you install (either via the Manage Add ons admin UI or using atlas-cli commands from the SDK) a new plugin version, you don't need to do anything else. If you install an older version than the one already installed it will won't install. You should check your Confluence logs to see if there are any errors during the the install.

Cheers,
Agnes

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events