Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to create a stand-alone onDemand Wiki

I already have an Jira+Confluence onDemand solution hosted on bordingdata.atlassian.net. This is for development/internal work.

Now I want to make an external facing wiki (for public documentation), which do *not* have JIRA as default site when logging in.

Since this is a requirement, I don't think it's enough to give anonymous access to a space. Or?

My proposed idea was to get a second onDemand hosted at wiki.bordingdata.atlassian.net. But for some strange reason, this URL is not allowed???

So how may I setup what I want? Either using a second OD or by removing JIRA stuff / landing pages from anonynmous spaces?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Yes, I am aware of those solutions. Including the fact that anonymous users don't see the jira issues.

My question was really to avoid the deep linking. But I take it, that you don't have an answer for that on the combinded JIRA+Confluence setup.

1 vote
Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2013

To enable public access to a Confluence space, you can edit the relevant space permission. If you want a space to be publicly accessible, the anonymous user must have at least the 'View Space' permission. To set space permissions, choose Browse > Space Admin > Permissions. More details is described in this documentation .

As for the landing page, since your instance is a JIRA+Confluence, then you can provide the direct space link to your users and they can access the relevant public spaces and won't be able to view your JIRA data since they do not have permissions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events