Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict Crucible project access to only authors of commits on its default repository

Yves Martin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2013

I have setup LDAP restriction on each Crucible repository based on a group, which is already used to restrict Subversion commit thanks to a pre-commit hook.

The LDAP restriction is:

(&(objectClass=person)(sAMAccountName=${USERNAME})(memberOf=CN=prj_MyProject,OU=Projects,OU=Groups,DC=mydomain,DC=com))

Now I want to apply the same kind of restriction for project and reviews.

So I have copied agile permission scheme and have removed All logged in users from View and Create permissions to rely on the Author review role, which is supposed to look at commit author field, based on user mapping, according to

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CRUCIBLE/authors+in+Crucible

I expect users that have already committed into a project's default repository are allowed to view and create reviews for that project.

But it does not work. Users in group prj_MyProject can browse repository commit but have no access to the corresponding project.

I have checked users' mapping information, because Crucible and Subversion usernames does not match implicitly.

Project's fields for Default reviewers and Allowed Review Participants are blank.

How to achieve such a setup (I am used to do with JIRA projects' role and permissions scheme) ?

Is my understanding of the Author Review role wrong ?

Thank you in advance for your help

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Yves Martin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2013

Based on the answer I got from Atlassian Support, here is my current setup process to get such per-project restrictions (in additional to per-repository LDAP restriction):

• create a group "users-X" to list project "X" users
  • create a scheme "agile-X" for each project "X", with "users-X" group in "View" and "Create" permissions

I agree it fulfills the security needs I have BUT it is really heavy to setup (compared to JIRA project roles and permission schemes for instance). I am still looking for ways to automate all that administrative work.

0 votes
Avdhesh Chauhan
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2013

PLease check the view permission in your permission schme - may be its not mapped correctly

A person who has comitted cannot view the crucible project by default - it all depends on the view permission scheme

Yves Martin
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2013

The View permission in scheme includes "Reviewer, Creator, Author, Moderator".

The answer I got from Atlassian Support was:

• create a group for a project users

- creat

Yves Martin
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2013

The View permission includes "Review Roles: Reviewer, Creator, Author, Moderator".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events