Have you tried disabling issue links scanning in the general settings dialog? This makes the connector stop trying to parse source files and should increase responsiveness of Visual Studio.
If you really want to uninstall the connector, you can do it from the computer's control panel ("Add/Remove Programs")
Thanks for your help so far..
Okay so I reinstalled it, and it showed in the control panel. I closed all instances of VS and uninstalled it from there. Opened visual studio and it was still there. So I reinstalled it again, and this time I uninstalled it from the program files folder, and I ran the uninstallation as an administrator. Opened VS, still there.
Sadly, no good. When I did that I got error messages when opening my solution, and I couldn't see any code anymore.
At this point, I think that I'll have to completely do a full unistallation of visual studio and do a clean install. Hopefully, turning off the parsing will help. Because I won't have time to do this for a while.
Can you run visual studio with a /log option and send me the log file? Its location is described in http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4809430/visual-studio-log-file (substitute 9.0 version with 11.0 in the path)
I also had this problem, except I would get a warning (Yes/No dialog with a yellow triangle and exclamation mark):
The 'Atlassian.plvs.PlvsPackage, plvs2010, Version=188.8.131.52, Culture=neutral, PlublicKeyToken=null' package did not load correctly.
This is after attempting to uninstall from Tools > Extensions and Updates, then from the Windows Add/Remove programs dialog, then by Deleting the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Atlassian folder.
I took a look at the log (C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0\ActivityLog.xml), and found the GUID for the extension, which upon a registry search, led me to the following keys:
I carefully removed keys and values related to the extension, and I no longer get the error when starting Visual Studio.
I tried following the steps above and I still ran into issues. So this is what I did.
Step 1: Install "revo unistaller"
Step 2: reinstall atlassian connector
Step 3: user revo to uninstall the connector
Revo goes through the registry and filesystem to remove any leftovers.
It worked perfectly for me.
Hi all Lets make this Friday fun really fun and post one (or more) of your best jokes! The joke can be about an Atlassian product, or just a really fun joke you want to share! I’m not the best j...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot