How do I uninstall the atlassian visual studio 2012 connector?

Deleted user May 16, 2013

After installing it my VS has really slowed down, and I would like to uninstall it, but I can't figure out how.

10 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Janusz Gorycki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2013

Hi,

Have you tried disabling issue links scanning in the general settings dialog? This makes the connector stop trying to parse source files and should increase responsiveness of Visual Studio.

If you really want to uninstall the connector, you can do it from the computer's control panel ("Add/Remove Programs")

Cheers
Janusz

Deleted user May 19, 2013

I'll try disabling the issue scanning.

The connector doesn't show in add/remove programs. Which is why I'm having such a hard time uninstalling it.

Deleted user May 20, 2013

Although still unable to uninstall. It seems to be a moot point now. It would appear that turnning of the parsing has fixed my slowness. Thanks for all your help.

0 votes
Deleted user September 2, 2013

I tried following the steps above and I still ran into issues. So this is what I did.

Step 1: Install "revo unistaller"

Step 2: reinstall atlassian connector

Step 3: user revo to uninstall the connector

Revo goes through the registry and filesystem to remove any leftovers.

It worked perfectly for me.

Janusz Gorycki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2013

Hi,

I have just released version 1.3.11 of the connector. When you install it, it uninstalls properly from VS 2012 (and 2013 too)

0 votes
dglick-sipc July 18, 2013
I had this same problem. I had to follow the instructions to remove registry keys to fully get rid of the connector.
0 votes
Chris Antes June 27, 2013

I also had this problem, except I would get a warning (Yes/No dialog with a yellow triangle and exclamation mark):

The 'Atlassian.plvs.PlvsPackage, plvs2010, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PlublicKeyToken=null' package did not load correctly.

[...]

This is after attempting to uninstall from Tools > Extensions and Updates, then from the Windows Add/Remove programs dialog, then by Deleting the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Atlassian folder.

I took a look at the log (C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0\ActivityLog.xml), and found the GUID for the extension, which upon a registry search, led me to the following keys:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsof\VisualStudio\11.0_Config\Packages
  • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsof\VisualStudio\11.0_Config\InstalledProducts\PlvsPackage
  • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsof\VisualStudio\11.0_Config\IssueRepositoryConnectors
  • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsof\VisualStudio\11.0_Config\Menus
  • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsof\VisualStudio\11.0_Config\ToolWindows
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0\InstalledProducts\PlvsPackage
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0\IssueRepositoryConnectors

I carefully removed keys and values related to the extension, and I no longer get the error when starting Visual Studio.

0 votes
Janusz Gorycki
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2013
0 votes
Janusz Gorycki
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2013

Can you run visual studio with a /log option and send me the log file? Its location is described in http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4809430/visual-studio-log-file (substitute 9.0 version with 11.0 in the path)

How do I send you the log file. Also, I have a meeting in 5 minutes, so it may be a while.

I've generated the file already, but it's too big to paste here.

0 votes
Janusz Gorycki
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2013

what was the error message?

An exception has been encountered. This may be caused by an extension.

You can get more information by examining the file 'c:\uers\jsosa...'.

0 votes
Janusz Gorycki
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2013

Can you try manually removing "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Atlassian\Atlassian Connector" folder?

Sadly, no good. When I did that I got error messages when opening my solution, and I couldn't see any code anymore.

At this point, I think that I'll have to completely do a full unistallation of visual studio and do a clean install. Hopefully, turning off the parsing will help. Because I won't have time to do this for a while.

0 votes
Janusz Gorycki
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2013

you can try "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atlassian Connector For Visual Studio\uninstall.exe"

The only thing in that folder is a png file.

0 votes
Janusz Gorycki
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2013

hmm, it looks like you already uninstalled the connector, but somehow not all files got removed. Could you install the connector again and then uninstall?

Thanks for your help so far..

Okay so I reinstalled it, and it showed in the control panel. I closed all instances of VS and uninstalled it from there. Opened visual studio and it was still there. So I reinstalled it again, and this time I uninstalled it from the program files folder, and I ran the uninstallation as an administrator. Opened VS, still there.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events