Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I have a special form when I create a subtask?

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2012

I have created some special forms tied to workflow. For example, when a QA subtask fails a test Issue, the user gets a special form that asks for some test information.

I would like to use a special form when a subtask is first created. I want to hide some fields that aren't needed on the form. But it appears in the workflow that I can't specify the form at create time.

I can uncheck the fields I don't want to see. But then they aren't checked if I am creating a parent Issue. And that is too manual any way.

Am I missing something?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2012

You need to define a new screen for the creation of subtasks.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Associating+a+Screen+with+an+Issue+Operation

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2012

Thanks. Worked it out. But like much of the "scheme" stuff in JIRA, setting it up is somewhat less than intiuitive.

Thanks for pointime me in the right direction.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events