Greenhopper problem creating epics from board

Hey,

I just discovered a strange problem on our DEV instance. If I'm trying to create an Epic from a rapid board I get the following error:

An error occured
Please try refreshing the page...

Details:
Exception: syntax error
Resource: http://myJIRA/RapidBBoard.jspa?rapidView=19&useStoredSettings=true
Line:10</strong<>>

Looking at the logs I don't see a thing. Trying to narrow it down I started firebug which shows me:

Ignoring file :
batch.js (Zeile 1)
Error: Permission denied to access object
Strange thing is that after I get rid of the error msg I can create the epic just fine...
Any ideas?

1 answer

0 vote
Ahmad Danial Atlassian Team May 27, 2013

Hey there, Christian.

One of the main reasons why you are unable to locate any error from the logs is due to the fact that it is a script error that only appears through the UI instead of appearing as stack traces in the log. First and foremost, how did you manage to get rid of the error message? Is it related to JIRA itself or the GreenHopper plugin? Any third-party plugins that are involved?

Warm regards,

Danial

Hey Danial,

I can click it away :-) Can't post a screenshot right now. It's a typical error box with an "x"... I deactivated all plugins but the problem persists...

Nobody ever had that kind of problem?

The problem even exists if I don't create an epic from the epic panel. Even trying to create an issue the normal way results in the error described above...

Ahmad Danial Atlassian Team Jun 18, 2013

Hey there, Christian.

I would recommend you to create a support ticket in https://support.atlassian.com/ so that the engineers are able to look into this matter and you will be able to provide them with the information needed to troubleshoot this problem.

Warm regards,

Danial

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Tips on how to choose the best estimation method for your planning

Planning and grooming sessions all come with their own sets of rules. Team members meet to estimate stories or other work items, all according to an agreed-upon process. And with every session comes ...

74 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you