Greenhopper problem creating epics from board

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2013

Hey,

I just discovered a strange problem on our DEV instance. If I'm trying to create an Epic from a rapid board I get the following error:

An error occured
Please try refreshing the page...

Details:
Exception: syntax error
Resource: http://myJIRA/RapidBBoard.jspa?rapidView=19&useStoredSettings=true
Line:10</strong<>>

Looking at the logs I don't see a thing. Trying to narrow it down I started firebug which shows me:

Ignoring file :
batch.js (Zeile 1)
Error: Permission denied to access object
Strange thing is that after I get rid of the error msg I can create the epic just fine...
Any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2013

Hey there, Christian.

One of the main reasons why you are unable to locate any error from the logs is due to the fact that it is a script error that only appears through the UI instead of appearing as stack traces in the log. First and foremost, how did you manage to get rid of the error message? Is it related to JIRA itself or the GreenHopper plugin? Any third-party plugins that are involved?

Warm regards,

Danial

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2013

Hey Danial,

I can click it away :-) Can't post a screenshot right now. It's a typical error box with an "x"... I deactivated all plugins but the problem persists...

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2013

Nobody ever had that kind of problem?

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2013

The problem even exists if I don't create an epic from the epic panel. Even trying to create an issue the normal way results in the error described above...

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2013

Hey there, Christian.

I would recommend you to create a support ticket in https://support.atlassian.com/ so that the engineers are able to look into this matter and you will be able to provide them with the information needed to troubleshoot this problem.

Warm regards,

Danial

Suggest an answer