Finding fixVersion with a certain single value?

boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2012

Searching for fixVersion = "a single value" is pulling in the issues where "a single value" is one of a number of values. How can I just get the single value entries?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2012

That is how any multi select components (including versions, components, multi valued customfields etc) work. I guess you are stuck with it unless you do some development.

boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2012

JQL has redefined what equals means, this is totally bogus imho.

What use cases exist that this usage satisfies, which would not be covered by using the IN keyword?

If I know all the possible entries I can negate to find what I want, but that is unsatisfactory.

boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2012

I'm hoping someone might have some crafty JQL ideas to get aorund this limitation

Suggest an answer