Estimating time for sub-tasks? How?

Ian Barnes March 11, 2013

Hi,

For the life of me I can't find where I can set that sub-tasks can get an estimation in the plan view of a Scrum board. I have added a Story with a few sub-tasks and I can assign an estimation to the Story, but not the sub-tasks that form part of that story.

Edit: I am using the hosted version, so GreenHopper v6.1.3.3 and JIRA 6.0-OD-07. I am making use of Story Points not time tracking.

Please can someone point me in the right direction :)

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ian Barnes March 13, 2013

Found it!

You have to go to the Custom Fields editor of your installation so for example: https://mysite.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ViewCustomFields.jspa.

Then Configure the Story Points to allow for Sub-Tasks as well.

Run a re-index to be sure and you're good to go!

Cheers

Ian

0 votes
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2013

Are you using time tracking or story points?

0 votes
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2013

Also...what Jira/Greenhopper version?

Ian Barnes March 12, 2013

Hi,

My apologies for not putting that in.

I am using the hosted version, so GreenHopper v6.1.3.3 and JIRA 6.0-OD-07. I am making use of Story Points not time tracking.

Cheers

Ian

Suggest an answer