Clone only issue in a specified step of WF

peter novak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2012

Hello

I would like to ask you a question. It is possible, to enable make a clone of an issue type, only when the issue is in a step Approved(my own defined step Approved)?

Thank you wery much

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2012

How to use clone properties for customization shows how to customize the Clone Plus Plugin for JIRA. Specifically, you can condition a clone operation to only show up based on project, issue type, and status.

# When does this action show on UI? Only for project ZCLONE bugs (id = 1) in resolved (id = 5) state
1.condition.ZCLONE.1.5 = true

Multiple conditions can be specified or generics used.

peter novak
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2012

thank you, i used that plugin

Some could use this link - how to get IDs of issue types https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Finding+the+Id+for+Issue+Types

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 9, 2012

Set this script in the annoucement banner, adjust the status string as per your requirement.

<script type='text/javascript'>
AJS.$(document).ready(function() {
    var status = AJS.$("#status-val").find('img').eq(0).attr("alt");
    if(status != 0 && status != "Open") {
        AJS.$("#clone-issue").hide();
    }
});
</script>

0 votes
Jozef Kotlár
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 11, 2012

I would sugest to disable Clone operation using permission scheme and provide Clone workflow action using built-in postfunction in Script Runner plugin. This Clone action would be available only in given state.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events