Can I address the add comment function from somewhere within an article?

Anselmo January 22, 2013

To add a comment, I usually need to scroll to the end of an article. I want to use a button instead at special positions in the article.

Using the shortcut of the add-comment-link at the end of an article does not work as a suitable link for opening the comment editor. Can someone help? I cannot look at this part of my wiki in Wiki Markup.

The comment itself may work as usually. It's only about opening the comment editor somewhere else than at the very end.

Later on it may be interesting to have an additional feature: When clicking the add comment button somewhere in the text, the first line of the relevant paragraph (next to the button) should appear in the comment as a quotation. Clicking on this quotation should bring me back to the position, where the add-comment-button was pushed.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Amalia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2013

How about creating a link that points to the comment section of Confluence? i.e.

<a href="#comments-section">Add a comment</a>

You can add the above html to Confluence Admin > Layouts > Page Layout. Add the code below this line:

<div id="main-content" class="wiki-content">
           $body
        </div>

Alternatively, you can add a new user macro like this:

## @noparams

<a href="#comments-section">Add a comment</a>

and then you need to add this macro in every page

Anselmo January 27, 2013

Thanks, Amalia,

especially for the prompt answer. As I'm not admin of our confluence installation I may not implement your suggestion myself, but I handed it over to the masters.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events