How can I create traceability matrix for the issues

Bishoy Jacob February 28, 2021

How to create traceability matrix between the issues and the test cases, and the user stories?

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Noopur Varshney _AIO Tests_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 1, 2021

Hi @Bishoy Jacob 

Are you using any test management app for creating and managing test cases?

If not, you can try AIO Tests - Test Management for Jira.

It comes with inbuilt traceability reports - Traceability Summary and Traceability Detailed. Once you link your stories and test cases, traceability reports can be easily generated.

Take a look at our extensive documentation and release notes for other features updates. Contact us in case of any questions via our support portal or book a demo at your convenience.

Regards,
AIO Tests Team

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jarosław Solecki _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 28, 2021

Hi @Bishoy Jacob  ,
Jira by default doesn't provide a traceability matrix.

You can instal one application dedicated to Requirement/Test Management. Most of them have the ability to create a Traceability Matrix. I can suggest to you an application which Product Owner I am and which traceability matrix collects great review from customers.
The application I mean is Requirements and Test Management for Jira (RTM). Of course, if you need any help, just ask me about it. :)

0 votes
Rina Nir
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2021

Hi Bishoy,

For your use case its worth checking Jira Snapshots for Confluence. it's a Confluence App which can create traceability reports from Jira. It was created for managing requirements and traceability, and can report on as many levels as you need, with flexibility of what columns are shown.
If you use XRAY for test management then it also has specific integration/support to Xray fields. 
(Also- in case you do not have Confluence, this app can be installed on the free version of Confluence)

Jira-Snapshots-Release-Docs-2.pngJira-Snapshots-Release-Docs-1.png

(Disclosure I'm a developer working on this paid app, but it can definitely be a potential solution.)

Suggest an answer