Confluence Questions integration with Karma points

darcfinn November 14, 2013

Looking at installing Karma plugin on top of my self-hosted Confluence 5.3.1. I like the idea of scoring each others content and getting Karma for contributing with answers. But how well does the Questions BETA integrate with Karma points?

Is it possible to set up rules for how Karma will be generated for activity with Questions?

Will Karma points replace the existing "points system" already available in Questions?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
StephanieC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2013

Hi Dagfinn,

thank you for contacting us. At the moment Karma is not connected to questions, but I've created a new feature request on your behalf: https://jira.communardo.de/browse/KARMA-123 . You can vote on this issue in order to increase its importance. You can also add yourself as watcher to be notified about any changes or updates.

Feel free to contact me again if you have further ideas - I would be happy to discuss them with you.

Greetings,

Stephanie Hoffmann
Communardo Support

darcfinn December 8, 2013

Thank you, Stephanie! I will follow the progress through your Jira henceforth.

0 votes
StephanieC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2014

Hi Fabian,

I've added your vote on KARMA-123, too.

Regarding the Confluence Tip Macro: Unfortunately yes, this is a bug. But the good news is, we already provided a workaround until the new version is released.

And yes, you can disable and even uninstall Karma without losing the already gathered points and badges/medals/etc.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via products(at)communardo.de

Greetings

Stephanie Hoffmann
Communardo Support

0 votes
Fabian Lopez April 15, 2014

I am in the same boat. That is a great feature request.

BTW.

I also noticed that after installing Karma Plugin the content of the confluence Tip macro is now centered and I am not able to change it back. Is there any other report on that? Is that a bug?

Can I disable Karma to see if that is really affecting tip? (I don't want to loose the already karma points that our team has, can I disable and enable keeping the information)

StephanieC
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2014

Hi Fabian,

I've added your vote on KARMA-123, too.

Regarding the Confluence Tip Macro: Unfortunately yes, this is a bug. But the good news is, we already provided a workaround until the new version is released.

And yes, you can disable and even uninstall Karma without losing the already gathered points and badges/medals/etc.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via products(at)communardo.de

Greetings

Stephanie Hoffmann
Communardo Support

0 votes
Grant Gochnauer December 13, 2013

Oh we would love this too!

StephanieC
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2013

Hi Grant,

I added your vote on KARMA-123.

Greetings,

Stephanie Hoffmann
Communardo Support

Communardo Administrator December 15, 2013

Hi Grant,

I added your vote on KARMA-123.

Greetings,

Stephanie Hoffmann
Communardo Support