Gantt Plugin stuck on "please wait while loading"

NightSkyDev January 30, 2013

I just installed Jira and the Structure Plugin. Tried the Gantt Project plugin that worked fine. Disabled it and installed the Gantt Plugin. I can configure it, set permissions, but I cannot view the gantt charts. When I click on Structure | Gannt-Chart (or Resource Planning), it just stays on the "please wait while loading" screen.

Notes:

I am using the evaluation Jira license

I am using the trial plugin license

I installed Structure first

I reindexed Jira after installing the Gantt Chart Plugin

I restared the Jira service

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2013

We'll follow up one-by-one per email due to privacy and individual settings not appropriate for the public.

NightSkyDev January 31, 2013

Thanks Frank, the new plugin solved the problem!

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2013

Hi Andrew,

the due date has no concrete meaning with respect to my Gantt-Chart addon for JIRA: please read the embedded documentation or related feedback on Atlassian Answers. An issue is displayed on a Gantt-Chart, if it has defined a planned start and end date and the related period is included within or intersects the time period being defined by from - to. Open your browsers console, you will see the corresponding JQL-statement to verify the result set within JIRA's Issue Navigator (search issues).

You can download my latest version pre-v2.3 from my server at:

Regards,
Frank

0 votes
Andrew Thomas May 10, 2013

I had a similar problem. I had a project version called "Beta" and some of the issues did not have due dates and time estimates. I added due dates and time estimates to all of the issues in the Beta version and now the Gantt chart gets generated (with the wrong issues, but that's a different problem).

Also, this seemed to depend on the date range that I chose when searching. Gantt chart comes up with -4w to 12w as the default date range. When I played around with that, I discovered that I could create a chart at -4w to 15w, but if I set the date range to -4w to 16w then I would get the problem you describe.

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2013
What Browser and Version are you using?
NightSkyDev January 30, 2013

Thanks for the really fast support Frank!

I was using the latest Chrome, but because of your question, I also tried with IE 9. Same behavior.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events