Suggestion - Portfolio Program Milestone Burndown Reports

I very much like how the Release Burndown report displays the information within JIRA for communication with my teams and stakeholders.

The problem is that I have the program I have is massive, high priority and has very high visibility. The ability to use the Release Burndown report for the multiple releases in the different projects in the program would be very very useful for clear communication.

I would suggest a similar diagram at the top, with the ability to show the releases/initiatives/epics beneath as story level would be too detailed.

A similar portfolio level Version Report (from JIRA) would also be useful.

Finally... for both of these reports:

These reports are point in time type reports which are useful.

What would be incredibly useful, however, is to include the change in estimated completion sprint over sprint (perhaps for the last three sprints. That way I could very quickly assess if the situation is changing favourably or unfavourably.

If you like I could provide a mock up. All of the basic data is already in JIRA.

1 answer

1 vote

Hi Mark,

At this point I would suggest creating a Suggestion on JAC and include the use case along with the diagram.  That will allow the developers working on Portfolio to see this and take the necessary actions.  Once you do that please post the link here so the community can vote on the issue to add impact.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 03, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Getting more out of (and into) Portfolio for Jira Server

You may have heard the recent news involving the launch of Portfolio for Jira Server 2.13 and its JAVA and REST APIs. Well, whether or not you've come across our "Forecast realistically with Portfoli...

1,332 views 0 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you