Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday Fun: What's the last series you binged (either watching or reading) and why?

Viewing page 3 of 3

62 comments

Comment

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2020

I finally watched all the Star Wars movies from beginning to end in the original release order, including Han Solo and Rogue One. I was never really into them and I finally watched them ending The Rise of Skywalker, which just came out. I can now see what the buzz is all about. :-D

Does this count?!

giphy (1).gif

Like # people like this
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2020

YES!!!!!! this 100% counts, and welcome to the Fandom.

I would recomend as the next Bingable run to add to that is jump on the Clone Wars and Rebels, they add an entire new dimension to the Prequels, and really up your respect of the decisions made in main series.

Like # people like this
Kevin Bui
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2020

Yeah I can second this. I definitely appreciated the prequels a lot more after watching the Clone Wars.

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2020

Well, this is an interesting topic. 

I usually watch two types of series. One is on Netflix or Amazon Prime,  

And the second category comes under Anime Series

For the first category: I liked

• 13 reasons Why ( Only season 1 I liked :P )
  • The Witcher
  • The Haunting Hill House
  • Game of thrones ( Except the last season :D)

For the second category, Here comes a huge list :

• Attack on Titans
  • Vinland Saga
  • My Hero Academia
  • One Piece
  • Black Clover 
  • Ace of Diamond act 2 
  • Food War
  • Fire Force
  • Naruto
  • Dragon ball 
  • Haiykuu 
  • Black Clover

Reply back if you have any recommendation for must watch on Netflix or Anime :D

-Sri

Like # people like this
Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
January 13, 2020

I loved game of thrones.  I agree the 7th season was better than the 8th but I still really enjoyed it!

Like # people like this
Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
January 13, 2020

I see some anime in there. Nice ;) 

Reminds me, I didn't mention I was pointed at 'Death note' recently. 🤯So .. goood

Like # people like this
Lenin Raj
Atlassian Team
January 13, 2020
  • Have to say I haven't watched a single GoT episode 😇
Like Sri Kumar likes this
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2020

@Lenin Raj,  haha yes, most of my friends haven't seen GOT as well. 

Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2020

@Fernando Bordallo  yeah, Death Note is a great Anime 

Kevin Bui
Atlassian Team
January 27, 2020

@Sri Kumar For anime, I love Made in Abyss and The Promised Neverland. Very compelling stories, but very dark so definitely not for everyone.

Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2020

@Kevin Bui ,

Thanks for the suggestion mate :) . Will add them to my watchlist :D

-Sri

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2020

I was having a hard time figuring out if I actually binge watch anything. So I went Google to get a definition "the practice of watching multiple episodes of a television program in rapid succession, typically by means of DVDs or digital streaming". We watch a couple shows, but we usually watch them as they come out and don't really go back and watch past episodes. So, I sat there really trying to think if I have ever binge watched anything and then it hit me like a sack of bricks to the face. The only thing I can think of that we have actually watched multiple episodes back to back is the shows my two year old watches on Amazon Prime. So, I guess Bubble Guppies would be my answer. Sad, I know.

image.png

Like # people like this
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
January 15, 2020

Oh man My kiddos love that one too

Like Shawn Kessler likes this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 15, 2020

PJ Masks is the most repeated show in our household. Most other series I have been able to limit to 1 or 2 repeats - but there is something special about Gekko and Owlette (Cat Boy is not important to my toddler).

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 15, 2020

lol @Davin Studer in that case my answer is my 8-year-old's new favorite show, The Inbestigators.

In all honesty, she has watched way worse shows. 

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 15, 2020

@Kat Warner Mina definitely went through a PJ Masks phase. Has your toddler discovered Miraculous yet? Similarly compelling. 

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 15, 2020

I might try to divert his attention to Miraculous this weekend!

Great Bambino January 15, 2020

I've only just got back into being consistent on reading so I haven't binged a novel in a while. Honestly I try to keep up with the consistent flow of magazines I have on subscription 😅

I'm currently re-watching a tv series I hardcore binged with my girlfriend after I convinced her to watch it. We're watching The Wire on Amazon Prime. Considering it came out in 2002 it's an insanely incredible tv series for its time. I've watched plenty of other tv series like Game of Thrones, The Sopranos, tons of other tv series but in my opinion The Wire is if not the greatest tv series I've ever watched. 

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
January 15, 2020

@Great Bambino I've heard that too, and somehow have never gotten around to it! Have you watched Breaking Bad?  A masterpiece, truly. 

Great Bambino January 15, 2020

I watched a couple episodes and I might get some flack for this but I found Breaking Bad boring. I'll watch boring political movies/tv series, documentaries, but for some reason I love that kind of content and yet find Breaking Bad boring.

Would you say it's in your top five tv series of your life @Monique vdB?

Like Tim Keyes likes this
Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
January 15, 2020

I watched the first two episodes of Breaking Bad years ago and never got into it.  My wife went through it late last year and in passing it definitely picked up after the first couple of episodes. 

Like # people like this
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2020

I haven't watched breaking bad , do you recommend to watch it 😁

Monique vdB
Community Manager
January 24, 2020

@Great Bambino hmm I did love it, but top five of my life, that's a tricky one! It's up there though, with Mad Men, The Comeback, The Office, and The Good Place. I guess that's five?

Hema Vadodaria
Atlassian Team
January 16, 2020

The Great British Bake Off! I don't know why that show is so addictive!

Like # people like this
Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
January 16, 2020

Just binged The Good Place  this past weekend. Fantastic witty show. The jokes make me laugh no matter how many times I watch.

good place.jpeg

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2020

This show was forking awesome!

Like Zak Laughton likes this
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2020

Ooooo, I've not seen that! (Hops over and adds it to my 'Programmes to Watch' Trello Board!)

Like # people like this
Kevin Bui
Atlassian Team
January 23, 2020

This show is wonderful. Fantastic premise, funny jokes, great cast... It's just awesome. I recommend the podcast they release every week to go with each episode too.

Like # people like this
Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2020

I love this show, I did not know there was a podcast.

Like # people like this
Kevin Bui
Atlassian Team
January 23, 2020

@Dharma Ramos Yes it's great! It's hosted by Marc Evan Jackson (the actor who plays Shawn) and his guests usually include writers, actors, and other staff who work on the show. Great for behind-the-scenes insights, as well general commentary on the storylines.

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 16, 2020

I recently started watching "Suits" after it has been on my list for quite a long time... And I really like it. 😁

Like # people like this
Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
January 20, 2020

I watched the first couple seasons of "Suits".  I haven't seen it recently but maybe they will do a revamp now that Meghan Markle has returned to Canada!

Like # people like this
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2020

I have watched Suits till season 5 but later because of my friends pranking me with spoilers . I lost interest to continue it.☹️

Like Max Foerster - K15t likes this
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2020

That's so sad! Don't let them stop you from watching it.

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2020

Suits is amazing! Still have to watch the last season, but we're up to date apart from that! Amazing series! There's probably a drinking game around the phrase 'Dammit Louis' somewhere on the internet!

Great Bambino January 24, 2020

I loved Suits until like Season 4. When Season 4 comes around they start reworking the same drama but with different people, you realize there are no new sets, unbelievable situations for dramatic effect, and mainly just poor writing it really falls off a cliff. It's like the network just didn't change the budget for the show at all and expected new and fresh drama. 

Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2020

@Max Foerster - K15t ,

Sure, Will give is a Fresh start again :)

Tanya C January 20, 2020

I'm all in on the Great British Baking Championship!! 

Like # people like this
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 20, 2020

Is it any good? I don't really know anything about it but I saw a picture with Jonathan Van Ness and Noel Fielding and these two are reason enough to watch it... 😁

Like # people like this
Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
January 27, 2020

Both on Netflix.

Dark.png

penny.png

Like # people like this
Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
January 27, 2020

Spooky Scary!

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2020

I loved Penny Dreadful! That was a big surprise to me. Tried watching Dark but never got past episode 3 or so. Maybe I'll give it another shot.

Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
January 27, 2020

Def try Dark again, it picks up...

Like Max Foerster - K15t likes this
Emily Koch
Atlassian Team
January 30, 2020

I see we have very different taste in Netflix shows :P

Like # people like this
Kevin Bui
Atlassian Team
January 27, 2020

So I just powered through The Circle in the last week. If you're into reality TV, I think you'll like it. I like to think of it as Survivor, but on social media. Contestants are put into their own individual apartments, and all interactions take place on a social media platform called the Circle

images (3).jpeg

Like # people like this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
January 27, 2020

It reminded me of the earlier reality shows where people were willing put in a strange situation and there were cameras and mics recording. The producers did a little bit of stirring but no blatant emotional manipulation and torture like a lot of the more recent reality shows.

Like # people like this
Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
January 27, 2020

This kind of reminds me of the Movie of the same name with Emma Watson where Emma found a new job where there was a focus on openness and sharing your whole life.

Like # people like this
Kevin Bui
Atlassian Team
January 27, 2020

@Tim Keyes - Funny you should mention that. I said to my Google Home the other day "Hey Google, play The Circle on the TV", and this was the movie that played.

And I was so out of it, it took me a whole 5 minutes before I realized this wasn't the show I was looking for.

Like Tim Keyes likes this
Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
January 27, 2020

I watched the movie a couple years ago on Amazon and enjoyed it.  I might check out the show sometime.

Like # people like this
Emily Koch
Atlassian Team
January 30, 2020

Wait, so this show's about people put into individual apartments and you can only use social media? Can they leave the apartment at all? I feel like I'd go insane if I wasn't able to go out every once in a while...

In other words, it's a crazy premise. I'll have to check it out!

Like # people like this
Kevin Bui
Atlassian Team
January 30, 2020

Wait, so this show's about people put into individual apartments and you can only use social media?

Yup! Or more specifically, they can only use a very specific social media provided by the show. So the only people they interact with are their fellow contestants (and that's not even face-to-face). I'd probably go insane too!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
January 31, 2020

This show sounds crazy and I must watch it immediately. 

Like # people like this
Tai Saxty March 16, 2020

I'm currently binging Empire on Amazon. It was recommended by a friend, and although the general theme (Music/gangsta life style) isn't really my thing... it is really gripping! lots of cliff hangers etc.

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2020

Tiger King!  

17 "Tiger King" Tweets By People Who Haven't Watched It Yet

...And Better Call Saul

Saul Goodman GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events