cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next-Gen Projects

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2019

Good evening Members,

What a breeze on this beautiful night!

I am running out of ideas as I am observing Ramadan. However I committed to keep the group busy I am trying really hard 🤯

Not sure if you got to experience Next-Gen projects. If you did, what are your thoughts?

Personally, I am not a big fan of them. For some reason, I am thinking they will create an unneeded mess in the instance. I see some users already confused and looking for some features available with classic projects only.

Share your experience with Next-Gen.

Best,next-Gen.png

1 comment

Comment

Chris Nicosia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2019

Good topic @Fadoua !  I agree that there are definitely missing features as Atlassian continues to build out this functionality and it is kind of disappointing that they are only available for Cloud.  However, I was told during the summit that all the schemes created for these projects are hidden from the admin console so thankfully they won't create clutter on those admin pages. 

It would be nice to have a way to transition between classic and next-gen projects but at least you can bulk move all tickets from a next-gen project to a classic project if someone finds it is not a fit for them.  

I am almost more excited about the new beta I heard about at summit for Jira Service Desk Next Gen projects because I think it could really simplify the setup of service desks for smaller teams.  Learn how to get early access to this feature

Like • Fadoua likes this
Chris Nicosia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2019

@Fadoua I just realized you can't add tickets in a next-gen project to any Epic besides an epic in that specific next-gen project.  This is another big limitation in my opinion that I hope will be resolved. 

Like • Fadoua likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events