Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a app/plugin/feature for guided user onboarding for JIRA datacenter project

Md_ Mahmudur Rashid February 25, 2024

Hello,

I am in need of a User Onboarding plugin/feature for my Grant Management System, developed on the JIRA Software Data Center version. The main functionalities include:

1. Project-specific configurability: A 'Start Tour' button will be visible on the project homepage for all logged-in users.
  2. Step-by-step guidelines: Provide a sequential guide for logged-in users, creating steps aligned with the issue status based on the project workflow.
  3. Triggering the process: Users can initiate the onboarding process by clicking a customized button.
  4. Progress tracking: Save a user's history along with their ID to monitor and track the progress of the onboarding process.
  5. Popup window overlay: Upon triggering the option, a popup window will appear next to the target UI element, featuring 'Next,' 'Previous,' and 'End Tour' buttons. The entire window will overlay, focusing the user on the target element until the tour is completed by clicking the 'End Tour' button.
  6. Tour restart: Upon completing a step, an additional 'Start Again' button will appear in the popup, allowing users to resume the tour from the first step.
  7. Progress visualization: Include a progress bar at the top of the popup, highlighting the current step's name and indicating completed and upcoming steps.
  8. Congratulations effect: Implement a visual congratulatory effect upon successfully finishing all steps of the onboarding process.
  9. Notification reminder: Users who haven't completed the tour will receive a pop-up notification upon login, with a focus on the 'Start Tour' button.
  10. Navigation flexibility: Allow users to navigate back and forth between steps by clicking the progress bar's step buttons.

Please suggest if there is any existing plugin support these functionalities or if anyone can develop it. We can discuss in more details if require.

Thank you everyone.

Murad/GRP/BRAC

2 comments

Comment

Mohamed Riza _ServiceRocket_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2024

Hi @Md_ Mahmudur Rashid ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community. 

I have been checking on marketplace and I have not seen any app that may fit your requirements. 

The general way I see customers do this would be to create extensive onboarding documents, in addition to providing training to the end users. You may consider that approach instead. You may also reach out to Atlassian Partners for help regarding this. 

With regards to your specific requirements, if there are no add-ons, the other route would be custom development, where you will have to reach out to Atlassian Partner to help you with your exact requirements and they can help build an app for you to meet that requirement. 

To reach out to Atlassian Partners, you may check through Atlassian Partners: Receive Product Support | Atlassian 

Alternatively, you may also send me an email on my work email on my profile here. We are an Atlassian Platinum Partner. I can help you get connected to the relevant team internally to help you with your onboarding process.

Have a great day!

Like Md_ Mahmudur Rashid likes this

Sure, @Mohamed Riza _ServiceRocket_ . Thank you for your valuable insight and suggestions. If we couldn't find any suitable solution on the market, we may go for custom development. I am taking note of your proposal and will get back to you soon. 

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2024

Hi - I don't know if it satisfies all of your requirements, but I recently became aware of a new add-on, OnRamp - Employee Onboarding and Offboarding.

It seems like it might be able to take care of some of what you're looking for.

Here's the official website: https://onwardb.com/onramp/

Thank you @Darryl Lee , that is cool. I see this market place app is close to our requirements, but it works in a different kind of method as you told. Let me explore more. 

By the way, the suggested app is only for the cloud version. If there is any similar app for DataCenter please suggest. 

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2024

Oh man, I'm so sorry I didn't see your requirement was for Data Center. Unfortunately I'm not aware of such a product. On the other hand, from a custom development perspective, I feel like maybe this would be easier on DC than Cloud, so that may help you.

Good luck!

Like Md_ Mahmudur Rashid likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events