When does JIRA sofware get the next gen road map?

Arne Boye-Møller October 29, 2018

In JIRA software we need the overview I believe JIRA Cloud just got with the road map. When is this coming to JIRA software?

6 answers

2 votes
Joe Johnson September 11, 2019

Hi all

Was at the Atlassian Open in Vienna at the beginning of this week and spoke to the Jira team there. I suggested that it felt like Server was getting left behind but they assured me that they will not lose focus on Server at the moment, and they are very aware of this particular issue. I can only say that we need to keep pushing for this feature in Server via the aforementioned JIRA issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-19614

Let's continue to share with anyone who will vote for this issue!

Thanks
Joe

2 votes
Rhys Christian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2018

Hey Arne,

I’m Rhys, a Product manager on Portfolio for Jira Server.

The Jira Roadmap functionality is only planned to ship to the next-gen concept of Jira Cloud and won’t be coming to Server. 

Alternatively, Jira Server has been enhancing the functionality in Portfolio for Jira to provide new roadmapping functionality that is significantly easier to plan and visualise roadmaps for your teams/projects. 

We briefly spoke at our Euro Summit about the team’s work on Portfolio for Jira 3.0 which will ship with a new planning experience that includes a more intuitive tactile drag-&-drop interface - in similar respect to Jira Cloud’s Roadmaps. For more advanced users, it will also include some of Portfolio’s more powerful functionality such as dependency management, automatic scheduling, release management and more.

If this functionality interests you I recommend staying tuned and watch Portfolio for Jira Server in the marketplace (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212136/portfolio-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview). Over the coming week’s we’ll be releasing early-access to this new planning experience to share what we’ve been working on and to get early feedback so the team can learn & improve. 

If you don’t have Portfolio then it may be an opportune time to try evaluating Portfolio when we release this update. We’d be keen to hear your thoughts and whether what we’ve been working on fits your Roadmapping needs.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Cheers,

Rhys

1 vote
Roman Zakharov February 27, 2019

I’m also looking for road mapping features in JIRA, unfortunately the Organisation is using Server version, would be following this request

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2019

you might want to vote for the suggestion listed above in the response from Keri.

Roman Zakharov February 27, 2019

Yes, thank you, I voted for this one: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-19614 

1 vote
Keri
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2018

Hi Arne, 

There's a new feature request raised here asking for this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-19614 .

I'd suggest you vote and watch the feature for any updates for now. 

Cheers, 

Keri

0 votes
Attila Bordás _Everit_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 29, 2019

Hi there,

We've created Epic Roadmap app for Jira Server with similar functionality, if you need just that feature set. It's pretty basic right now but we'll improve it with time, based on user feedback.
You can check it out here.

Joe Johnson September 11, 2019

Hey Attila,

Looks great! We're unfortunately just one minor point version (7.13.5) below the requirement, though. Any chance you might support older versions?

Additionally, would you consider writing a macro to display the roadmap in a linked Confluence space?

Thanks
Joe

Joe Johnson September 27, 2019

Hi Attila, any thoughts on my above question?

Attila Bordás _Everit_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 27, 2019

Hello Joe,

Sorry for the late answer! (I was on my holiday.)

Unfortunately, we do not plan to support 7.x versions of Jira with our Roadmap app. There were some API changes in the 8.x versions and Atlassian will also focus on the new major version in the future, so we want to focus on that too.

We will absolutely consider a confluence macro in the future. In fact, it is already in our backlog. :)

Regards,

Attila

Joe Johnson September 27, 2019

No worries - understood! Thanks for your feedback Attila!

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2018

i have not seen any notification of this being put into Server. IMO, I would be surprised if the next-gen concept and associated Roadmap feature found it way to Server for a long time if ever. Maybe someone from Atlassian has a better answer for you and will chime in here. 

Suggest an answer