Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I generate release notes for a version?

In a classic project, I could create release notes easily when I marked a version as released. Is there a similar mechanism for a next-gen project?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @kenk

not at the moment, unfortunately. Next-gen Release hub doesn't allow you to see the Release detail like in Classic projects.

There are some improvements coming this year to the release hub so I would expect some changes coming soon but can see the release notes listed there yet.

Link to the Next-gen roadmap ✨ https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/whats-new/next-gen#intheworks

But maybe you could just use JQL to filter for issues in this release and then export them as a list as a workaround for now (there are several options for export in search)

If that's something that blocks you a lot we have a planning plugin that will allow you to generate them  👉  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219470/swanly-release-roadmap-timeline-for-jira

Hi @Nikki Zavadska _jexo_ ,

Thanks for the reply. It's a hassle to do it by hand (this is one of those jobs truly made for automation) but if that's all there is, I'll have to go with it. I'll take a look at the plug in.

Cheers,

Ken

Like Nikki Zavadska _jexo_ likes this

Hi @kenk ,

I would recommend you one more plugin which can help you to generate Release Notes: Release management for Jira.

In the add on you can

1. Create rich text multiple templates for release notes. 

RN Template.jpg

2. Add variables from version or general context. Such as, starter, release dates, author of the release notes etc

3. Inject SQL based dynamic tables which can represent certain set of issues in the version

release notes issues.jpg

release Notes Issues2.jpg

Hope it will help you,

Yuri

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

Keyboard shortcuts have arrived for next-gen projects!

...ollected feedback from users around the lack of shortcuts, and we’re here to address that: In next-gen projects, I miss the keyboard shortcuts badly. This is particularly true on the Board, but also i...

4,618 views 5 14
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you