Creating Custom Reports

Frances Moncrief January 11, 2021

I am not seeing an option to create a custom report.  Is there a setup missing?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2021

Hi @Frances Moncrief

custom reports like Alexander described better above are available for Jira Service Management next-gen projects.
Is there any possibility your next-gen is a Software project?
This would explain why custom reports are not visible to you.

Cheers,
Daniel

Frances Moncrief January 13, 2021

Yes.  It's a software project.  I am not seeing an option to create reports.  I am using the issue navigator to create some rudimentary reports.  I am hoping for more.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2021

Verified it is a software project, but not a Service Management project AND verified it is next-gen then you have options for Agile Reporting using this link:
https://YourGreatSiteNameGoesHere.atlassian.net/jira/software/projects/YOURPROJECTNAMEGOESHERE/boards/2/reports

In case the Reports are not available make sure you enable them upfront in "Project settings" >> "Features" >> "Reports"

0 votes
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2021

Hi!

Are you an admin on your next-gen project? 

To create a custom report:

1. From your service project, go to Reports.
  2. Choose New report from the Projects panel.
  3. Enter a report name.
  4. Click Add series. You can add a maximum of 20 series.
  5. Enter your Series, Label, Color, and Filter by.
  6. To filter by more fields, click + More.
  7. To filter using Jira Query Language (JQL), click Switch to JQL.
  8. Click Add.

Useful links:

Create a custom report in next-gen service projects 

What are custom reports in next-gen projects?

Suggest an answer