Changing language

waqar_rashid February 21, 2020

So I am working in Germany but I use English most of the time. I am used to the habit of service providers trying to choose language for me. I am new to jira. I used it for a few weeks as part of project and now decided to start another project and use jira for it. This time, though it think I am good in German. Thus despite me trying to change the language, somehow it doesn't work and most of the menu's etc are shown in German. They load in English and but right the at last moment of loading the page, they switch to German. I observed this behavior in Chrome and Firefox.

Does anyone knows how to change the language to English? I am writing this post in a hurry so sorry for mistakes.

2 answers

1 vote
Bharath Kumar Kappala
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2020

@waqar_rashid  welcome to the community

here is some documentation that would help you on how to change the default language in Jira

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/choosing-a-default-language-938847001.html

hope this helps!

0 votes
Aline
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2020

Hi Waqar,

I understand you would like to change the language of your profile, but not the standard language for the entire Jira instance?

If that is the case, you can go to your profile (Click on your picture > Profile) and then under "Preferences" click on edit (Pencil icon) and change your Language settings to English.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events