Automation: Weekly Email to Team Listing Open Issues or Email States "No Open Issues"

Jason Wheeler May 4, 2023

I'm using Jira Automatons to send a weekly email of To Do and In Progress issues. I have that email and reporting working just fine. However what I want to do is have the email state "No To Do and In Progress Issues" or "No Open Issues" if their are no open issues,

At the moment I'm using "{{#lookupIssues}}" and sending the email weekly with all open issues reporting by bullet points in an email, just can't figure out how to add a status when there are no open issues .

For example I'd like to add the note in italics below to the email when nothings cooking in the queue:

Security Operations Issues in "To Do" or "In Progress" Status:

No "To Do" or "In Progress" Issues In Queue

Cheers,

Jason

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2023

You can check the size of the {{lookupIssues}} to see it returned any issues or not, that way you can indicate in your email if zero issues are returned.

{{lookupIssues.size}} will give you the size that you can then use in an if/else component.

Jason Wheeler May 4, 2023

Thank you! I'll give it a shot.

Like John Funk likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events