Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use @ to include participant in a comment I want to send

Skúli Jóhannesson February 28, 2019

I have a task with person A as reporter and I have no problem using the @ in front of the person name in a comment which I want to send to that person. 

However if I also want to send to person B then I can't. I have tried to add person B as a "Request participants" but with no luck. 

Can you help me with this problem?

Br Skúli

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2019

In order to add someone as a request participant they have to first exist as a customer in JIRA Service Desk.    Just add them as a customer and you will be good to go.  

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/adding-customers-852724126.html

Skúli Jóhannesson February 28, 2019

Hi Brant

Person B was and is a customer.

Br Skúli

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2019

The are a customer and you can not add them as a request participant.  Can you provide a screenshot.

Skúli Jóhannesson March 1, 2019

Sorry I am not clear enough. I can add person B as request participant but I can't use the @ sign in front of the name (person B) when I am making a comment on the task and want that comment to be sent to person B also.

Skúli Jóhannesson October 24, 2019

Can someone help me about this issue (see my comments from March 1st.)

I add a user to the "Request participants" (see first picture) and then try to use that user in the comment field by using @ in front (see second picture)

img12.jpgimg13.jpg

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events