It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Open children display articles in same window from customer portal Edited

Hello,

I've discovered that clicking child pages (using children display macro) opens them in new browser tabs instead of the same window. I'd like it to not open new tabs, as I believe that is an annoying user experience for a customer who is going through the articles in the list (of child pages) one by one, or hopping between them. They'll end up opening a new browser tab each time. It seems the target new window is default, but I'm hoping that is customizable. Does anyone know how to change it?

Reminder: the issue is not for Confluence (where it opens properly in the same tab) but the way the pages/articles open from the customer portal (service desk). 

Thanks!

1 answer

Hello @Laura Sands if you are in cloud I would say that's not possible, if you are in server there might be a magical place on the server end (not the UI) that you might tweak to change that, nevertheless these type of changes in the server files end causing problems with upgrades and I would not recommend to do.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

Keyboard shortcuts have arrived for next-gen projects!

...ollected feedback from users around the lack of shortcuts, and we’re here to address that: In next-gen projects, I miss the keyboard shortcuts badly. This is particularly true on the Board, but also i...

104 views 0 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you