How manage the permissions of the document on Confluence?

Mane Zakaryan August 24, 2021

Please, can someone tell me if we have a macro on Confluence that will help to share a part of the content with another user who doesn't have an access to the original document, but can see that shared part in another document?  

For example, I have a Documen_A and User_1 and User_2.

User_1 has full access to Document_A, but the user_2 can't see the document_A.

In this case, can the User_1 create another Document_B and insert one part of the Docuemnt_A (maybe by using a macro) so the User_2 can see that included information in the Document_B but the User_2 still does not have an access to the original Document_A.

The plugin of MultiExcerpt is the perfect way to use some parts of the information in another document and escape having duplication, but I can't manage the permissions, because today if I remove access of one user from the original document and if there are some parts of that document used in another document and if the user doesn't have access to the original one, he can't see that included parts.

I did research I found this macro https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/130/macro-security-for-confluence?hosting=server&tab=overview but I don't know if it will be helpful for managing the permissions. I haven't installed it for a test yet.

Do you have some ideas?

I will be very grateful for any help.

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2021

Confluence has include page and excerpt include macros that share other page content on a confluence page.  The user looking at the page must have access to the shared content as well to see the information.  I do not know of any apps that provide the functionality you are looking for.  I have never used the app listed above so you would have to test it out.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events