Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How extcerpt the content from one document to another Edited

Hello,

I have a document and in that document I have several parts that I need to excerp and include in another document.

I try to use the macro ''Extrait''. The needed part of the document I put in the macro ''Extrait'' and in another document I use the macro ''Inclusion d'extrait''.

But this case is working only for the first ''Extrat'' part. It is taking the information only of the first ''Extrait'' in the order.

To be clear, I will give an exemple. 

In the document 1 I have following lines :

Line 1
Line 2
Line 3
Line 4

I need to excerpt the Line 2 and Line 4. I put them in the macro ''Extrait'' (2 different extraits).

Now, I have document 2 and in that document I want to have the Line 2 and Line 4 and I use the macro ''Inclusion'' (2 times). It gives me the result :

Line 2
Line 2

It doesn't understand that there is another part also to Extrait.

How I can manage it ? Can someone help me ?

Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.png

2 answers

0 votes

I just found out that it is possible to do with MultiExcerpt Macros.

But I don't know how to insert it as I found only the payed version of it - 129 $.

Is that possible to have for free and how ?

Do you have some ideas ?

Thank you.

0 votes
Matt Reiner _K15t_ Marketplace Partner Jul 19, 2021

Hi @Mane Zakaryan

You could try the Inclusion Library technique, which Atlassian, and my team, utilize for reusing content within Confluence.

Doing it this way, you would create pages within another part of Confluence, each containing the text for your "Line 1", "Line 2", etc. Then, you can use the Include Page macro to bring that content directly onto the pages where you want it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

🏊‍♀️ Atlympic Event: Trello

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

119 views 1 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you